Payroll Practitioner (Fluent French)
The prime responsibility of the Payroll Practitioner is to deliver payroll accurately and on time in line with client service level agreements and expectations.
The expectation of the Payroll Practitioner is to develop subject matter expertise in all payroll processes and a sound knowledge of end to end payroll delivery for their country.
Establishing & maintaining payroll records: Payroll actions may include new hires, leavers, transfers, contractual changes etc.
Validation of all payments and deductions: Ensure knowledge of Client contracts of employment, policies and social security/insurance regulations - ensuring all payments are duly authorised, correct, and technically compliant. Includes: Social Security / Deductions / Bonuses /Allowances / RSU & Stock Options
Administering and reconciling, to outside agencies, payroll deductions: Ensuring all outside agencies have the correct detail to support payments. Liaise with the agency to ensure robust processes are in place.
Accurate and timely net payments: Validate net pay using controls, simulations and exception reports.
Target 100% correct payslips.
Payments transmitted on time and accurately.
Payroll Accounting: Ensuring payroll results are posted on time and accurately within the Client's financial accounting records
Controls: Have a good working knowledge of all client internal control requirements, IBM controls as well as legal/statutory controls. Ensuring that all payroll tasks are completed with the acceptable levels of control.
SAP HR Payroll: Acquire technical mastery on SAP payroll, with the ability to identify and offer solutions for basic issues / problems, and to run ad-hoc reports as and when required. Testing of SAP configuration changes/legal updates may also be required.
Process Specialist (or Process Owner): Responsibility of being expert in multiple payroll processes, owning and updating documentation, communicating changes and providing training to other payroll team members, continually looking to improve work processes. Implementing process improvements to ensure the processes are working effectively at all times.
Project Leader/Team Member: May be asked to lead small payroll projects or be the payroll representative/owner in larger multiple service line projects ensuring accurate, compliant and timely delivery of the project with full documentation and training to the other team members.
Query handling: Responsibility for providing quality customer service when handling customer queries via the telephone and task ID.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- Demonstrable administration experience
- Demonstrable experience of using software such as excel, word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, and accuracy in every aspect of the role, is essential
- Due to the sensitivity of the data, the administrator must maintain complete confidentiality and exercise integrity and discretion at all times
- Innovative - continually looking to analyze and improve work processes as well as the ability to create opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation, and secure customer alignment
- Solutions - ability to deal with payroll issues, identify solutions and implement often under pressure
- Customer service skills are paramount, with a desire to continually seek improvement of the service given to all (internal and external) customers
- Manage workloads to meet strict weekly, monthly and annual deadlines
- Flexibility to undertake any non-routine requests
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrable payroll experience
- Experience of SAP HR
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top