Paid Search Specialist, WW Performance Marketing
Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is seeking a data-driven individual familiar with Agile principles and experience in paid media, specifically paid search, to join our Corporate Paid Media team. The Corporate Paid Media team is a multi-discipline and operational arm at IBM which ensures that the systems, processes, and tools to plan, execute, track, and optimize paid media buys are done so effectively according to uniform standards and best practices.
In your role, you will be providing leadership and strategic guidance for the existing systems, processes, and tools as well as identification of opportunities to improve current systems and to create systems where they do not exist. You will work closely and collaborate with other paid media experts as well as business segment leaders in an Agile work environment to drive transformation and greater ROI. You will guide our agency execution partner as they manage, optimize, and provide analysis of our paid search campaigns. You will apply analytics, an Agile mindset, and design thinking to create the next generation of systems, tools, and processes for IBM marketers.
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor - accordingly to Agile framework - project workplans across a cross-functional, cross-discipline team
- Own the effective, efficient, and timely delivery of systems, tool, processes, and content and assure the viability and functionality of said systems usage
- Bring multiple stakeholders together to develop delivery schedules and resource allocation while proactively seeking out and resolving issues that could negatively impact the release/sprint schedule
- Communicate effective paid search keyword management, creative strategies, and optimization measures to further enhance conversions and drive revenue on new and mature paid search campaigns
- Manage agency partners for daily execution and optimization of paid search campaigns, including bid management, budget allocation, performance monitoring, keyword expansion, ad copy development and testing, engine beta testing, etc.
- Plan, build, manage, maintain an system, tool, or process to support SEM around the world in multiple languages
- Understand organization's standardized KPIs/metrics to measure performance and media effectiveness at various stages of the funnel
- Advise BU media focals on measurable A/B tests on ad copy/landing pages with the goal of increasing conversion and maximizing ROI
- Use and leverage IBM proprietary systems to continually monitor and optimize paid search campaigns
- Integrate SEM practice with the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practice leads
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEM positions for target keywords and to ensure SEM best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience in paid search engine marketing (SEM) with a demonstrable record of increasing ad spend efficiency, click through conversions, and ROI metrics.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience buying, managing, and optimizing campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and YouTube
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing colleagues and business leaders at all levels
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Expert skills in Excel
- Intermediate working knowledge in digital marketing tactics like display, remarketing, paid social, native ads, and video
- Solution-focused and takes initiative to work effectively and efficiently within established guidelines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Flexible and able to balance the need for structure with the efficiency and effectiveness of action-oriented, non-bureaucratic and non-hierarchical approaches
- Valid Google AdWords certification
- Familiarity with Kenshoo, Coremetrics, Trello, and Slack
- B2B or tech digital marketing experience
- Ad agency experience
- Strong understanding of marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile principles and has worked in an Agile environment
- Project management experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top