Package Consultant: Sterling
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Our IBM and Salesforce strategic partnerships strengthens and delivers new solutions to enterprise customers using IBM Cloud and Watson services with Salesforce Quip and Salesforce Service Cloud Einstein. Together we deliver solutions that bring together the power of AI and enable companies to make smarter decisions, faster than ever before.
Your day in the role will include... Assists Clients in the selection, implementation, and support of the Sterling OMS (formerly Sterling Commerce and Yantra).
- Sterling Order Management System (OMS) Consultant. This specialty uses consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the client's business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
- The ability to support Technical Consultants and leads in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance.
- Thorough understanding on the Life Cycle of Development including Deployment/Packaging effectively using Metadata API, Change Set and Ant.
- Traits of a seasoned technical professional with 2-3 full lifecycle Sterling OMS implementations.
- Openness to assist clients in the design, business architect, process development, functional implementation, and support of Sterling OMS Applications.
- The experience and demonstration of understanding of overall OMS platform.
- Effectiveness to run business user design and user experience sessions.
- Demonstrable experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methods for Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Develops Java based extensions of Sterling OMS, Java/EE, and Oracle and Middleware technologies
- Experience with integrating OMS applications with other enterprise applications
- Knowledge of data communication, application software and e-business practices. Proven understanding of OMS and retail solutions
- Strong expertise Acquired knowledge of software development architecture for IBM OMS Systems
- Leads in design sessions and code reviews of extensions and customizations of the Sterling development framework
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Good to have experience on Sterling Commerce and Yantra. Selection and Implementation
- Sterling integrator along with anyone of these 3 skills Order Management System OMS OR Cost Price Quote CPQ OR Warehouse Management
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top