Package Consultant: SAP Master Data Management
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your day in the role will include...
- Provide functional expertise and participate in design activities and a gap analysis prior to the implementation of SAP MDG solution
- Conducting workshops to capture business requirements for SAP MDG
- Defining To-Be design for MDM/MDG aligned with business goals and principles.
- Creating detailed design and functional specifications
- Configuring SAP MDG solution as per functional specification
- Working in close co-ordination with the development team in releasing the solution.
- In depth knowledge of master data management and governance as a domain
- In depth knowledge of various functional domains in SAP MDG as a product
- Experience of supporting implementation/support of complex SAP MDG solution across one of more industry as SAP MDG functional consultant
- Experience of conducting workshops to capture business requirements for SAP MDG
- Experience of defining To-Be design for SAP MDG aligned with business goals and principles
- Experience of creating detailed design and functional specifications and working in close co-ordination with the development team in realizing the solution
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Overall experience of 12 plus years in data migration area of which 9 years in SAP MDM and SAP MDG as functional or techno-functional consultant
- End-to-end SAP MDG implementation experience in 3 projects of which 2 should be SAP S/4 HANA migration or S/4 HANA implementation projects.
- Sound knowledge of all MDG data domains (business partner, financials and materials) and ability to implement MDG solution involving all these data domains independently.
- Sound knowledge of data modelling, process modelling and UI modelling configurations and enhancements in SAP MDG.
- Experience in setting up governance process using change request types, BRF+ rules and agent assignment strategies.
- Experience in customizing UI models to implement context-based adaptations and client specific UI enhancement requirements.
- Knowledge of BAdIs available to enhance standard MDG functionality and experience in using these BAdIs to implement custom requirements.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Functional Knowledge of different SAP ERP or S/4 master data domains, but not limited to customer, supplier, material /product and finance
- Experience of helping clients establishing their Master Data Organisation and Governance structure along with roles and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of available Fiori applications for SAP MDG and implementing/enhancing the same
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top