Oracle Middleware Specialist
Lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical Specialist with prior experience in the middleware field, able to deliver quality technical support and perform installation, administration, and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products for a European client in the government industry.
- Provide middleware technical support in a timely manner (including SLA);
- Perform requests for service, root cause analysis and problem resolution;
- Plan and implement operational changes (including outside business hours);
- Installation, administration and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products, with a focus on Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle OSB, Oracle API Gateway, and Oracle Enterprise Manager;
- Certificate management (creation, installation and administration of digital certificates);
- Work in close cooperation with the infrastructure and application management teams;
- Follow operational plans and participate in achieving the project's milestones;
- Actively document official and internal working procedures.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Technical University degree;
- Proven experience in installing, configuring, administering Oracle Fusion Middleware products with a focus on WebLogic Server, preferably gained in a production environment;
- 3-4 years of experience with Oracle WebLogic and other Oracle products (SOA, OSB, OAG);
- 2-4 years of experience with J2EE apps;
- In-depth knowledge of WebLogic Server, Oracle Service Bus and SOA Suite;
- In-depth understanding of application 3-Tier Architectures and J2EE;
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills (preferably with bash shell scripting);
- Team player, good communicator, analytical thinking, problem solving orientation, capable to work under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills in a customer facing environment;
- Ability to take ownership of escalated problems.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Administrator certification (nice to have).
Ideally the candidate should also:
- have an ITIL background or certification
- knowledge of using WLST scripting tool
- knowledge of using ansible for Middleware provisioning
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top