Oracle Middleware SME/CRT
IBM is the world's largest information technology company, with more than 100 years of leadership in helping businesses innovate. Drawing on resources from across IBM and key business partners, IBM offers a variety of services, solutions and technologies that enable customers, large and small, to jointly achieve a Smarter Planet.
The role of Critical Response Team (CRT) Oracle Middleware Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a critical client-facing technical engineering role.
There are 2 primary objectives from the CRT team:
#1 Service recovery during critical Client-Impacting outage Events,
#2 Proactive Technical Health Checks (THC) of client services with the object of identifying deviations against best practices and risks within client environments.
The secondary aspect to this role is the identification of persuasive problems across the wider client-base, identifying opportunities to build automation to detect and remediate these deviations.
With functional reporting into the CritSit Response Team Squad Leader, the Oracle Middleware SME role is a technical Subject Matter Expertise Role, requiring proven and significant subject matter expertise during Client Impacting Events (CIEs) and THCs.
The Oracle Middleware SME will be able to authoritatively demonstrate technical depth in one or more Oracle Middleware and/or other web application or other middleware technologies.
The Oracle Middleware SME will have demonstrated leadership of a team of Oracle Middleware Administrators, and the ability to work with platform SMEs.
The Oracle Middleware SME will have proven ability around problem solving and will be able to communicate with Managers, Stakeholders, and clients ad a senior level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep subject matter expertise in Oracle Middleware (WebLogic) 10+ years
- Deep subject matter expertise in Oracle Middleware Performance Tuning - 7+ years
- Technical Leadership Skills - 3+ years
- Strong Communication and Documentation Skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Vendor certification (Oracle DBA, etc)
- Subject matter expertise in other Oracle Database technologies (Exadata, etc)
- Experience in SQL Query Optimisation
- Subject matter expertise in other Database technologies (DB2, MSSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Subject matter expertise in additional technical disciplines (Cloud, Security, etc)
- ITIL Process Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top