Oracle Database Administrator L3 - IBM CIC
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Oracle Database Administrator L3 to integrated to a team dedicated to a digital transformation on client's infrastructure in the context of missions for a client in sea transport business.
- Maintain existing databases by investigating key factors (storage, input/output frequencies, access time etc.) and unusual incidents and problems
- Install patches and upgrade software to enhance database performance and compliance
- Maintain and manage database backup and recovery, data propagation (replication) and performance monitoring/tuning.
- Oracle DBA Monitors database disk space usage and perform RCA of database issues and recommend solutions or workaround.
- Research, recommend and implement automation methods to proactively manage databases.
- Perform database design tasks related to the structure of a database including analysis, logical data model review, and physical database design.
- Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database.
- Participate and/or take a lead role with the infrastructure and database configurations/changes, upgrades etc.
- Offer based on an indefinite-term employment contract which term is linked to a temporary assignment
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to drive projects in international environment
- Strong drive on technical experts
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administering of Oracle databases
- Good knowledge of Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c architecture
- Experience with database optimization and SQL tuning
- Good knowledge of administrative tasks in Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c
- Good knowledge and experience with following Oracle products and technologies: RAC, ASM, Data Guard, RMAN, Cloud Control
- Good knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL
- Good knowledge of administration of Linux/UNIX OS in terms of database management
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in ExaData administration
- Experience in administering databases in Oracle Public Cloud
- Programming in BASH, PERL, Python
- Certificates OCM, OCE RAC, OCE Data Guard
- English speaker required
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top