Operations Tooling and Automation Engineer
Are you ready to join our team of experts supporting the next generation of IBM software development and delivery? Blockchain is a key industry technology, and a significant strategic investment area for IBM. The Blockchain Solutions organization develops industry solutions which use IBM Blockchain, as well as other IBM Cloud Platform services. Join a growing organization which excels at and grows skills in micro-services architecture, cloud development and deployment, and modern cloud-based SaaS applications for real world use. Join us and be part of Industry Platform!
This role is in the IBM Industry Platform Business Unit, Blockchain Solutions organization. You will become a member of an IBM Cloud engineering operations squad responsible for leading and driving continuous integration, test, and deployment of the TradeLens offering to pre-production and production environments. You will be collaborating across development squads to design and implement tooling and services which increase speed and efficiency when delivering value to customers. You will be expected to understand security and privacy compliance requirements and help to implement them, keeping the TradeLens solution secure. You should have knowledge and expertise in these areas, familiarity and/or ability and willingness to quickly understand standards and associated product requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive increase in quality and decrease in time to deliver customer value
- Identify automation gaps and work with development to close them to increase reliability and consistency
- Own the deployment of globally distributed environments from development through production
- Experiment and innovate with new tools and methodologies to improve development workflows
- Help drive security compliance for ISO 27K certification, and "shift-left" test and security automation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cloud engineering tools, methods, principles
- Containerized micro-service runtime environment, including monitoring tools to detect and correct issues before impacting customers
- CI/CD pipeline automation
- Implementing security compliance requirements
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Cloud runtime environments
- Automated build and deploy tools, best practices, and standard methodologies
- Agile development principles, methods, tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top