Operations & Technical Support Specialist (Workstation Engineer)
Responsible for the administration, customization and third level support of Windows based systems for end user computing and for back end services including network and system administration, telecommunications, and information security. Resolves complex issues regarding operations, including installations, setups, error messages, system status and downtime procedures. Ensures optimizations by providing automation (scripts), standardization (packages) and troubleshoot to quickly resolve problems.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for design and implementation of new workplace infrastructure solutions
- Drive, coordinate and collaborate the computers refresh projects or other mass rollouts.
- Industrialization of the Operational Processes (automate and improve OS and standard tools related tasks)
- Use tools and methodologies to load, deploy and customize operating system as well as third party software. (packaging : msi/mst/appv)
- 3rd line support (troubleshooting, incident and change management) for OS and standard tools (Encryption, Antivirus, misc security, ... )
- Customize workstations to meet user specifications and site/security standards
- Prepare and execute planned maintenance/upgrades (security patching, operating system and tooling upgrades, ...)
- Develop and maintain Operational and Technical documentation
- Drive knowledge transfer to 1st and 2nd level support teams located offshore
- Insure security and audit guidelines are correctly implemented
- Perform general preventive maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Perform remediation tasks.
- Perform work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that have authorized access to the network
- Develop trends analysis by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands on technical knowledge of operating systems, standards tools (antivirus, AD, ... ) and networking protocols
- Practical experience with GPOs, SCCM, packaging and scripting.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Microsoft Windows engineer in a large and complex IT enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of SCCM, AD, GPO, O365 and remote control tools
- Knowledge of software applications used within large organisations (ITSM, Business software,... )
- The following qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience
- Industry certifications, this can include A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top