Your Role and Responsibilities
About IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and has been identified one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry. Business Unit Overview Global Technology Services (GTS) at IBM handles IT infrastructure for some of the world's leading corporations and with that comes the responsibility of handling enormous amounts of IT data and the opportunity for making better decisions using that data. In GTS Labs team at IBM, Engineers & Architects are developing novel models, cutting edge applications, custom solutions to take on the industry challenges in the IT Infrastructure space. Who you are As a Cloud Architect, you will be an exemplary Technical Leader in the areas of practice. You bring deep experience and strategic insight spanning from architecture, design and development leadership to client facing solution skills which are among the best in the industry. You are crucial to realizing cutting edge Hybrid Cloud Capabilities and Solutions for clients worldwide using Open Source technologies.
The success of this role would be benchmarked globally with industry peers. Excellent practice and knowledge on Cloud based software development and tools, consummate thought leadership, constant innovation and contribution to development of industry standards would be some of the key result areas in addition to meeting business metrics for the respective areas. What you will do
- Work with highly skilled infrastructure architects and deployment specialists in taking up challenging internal IBM projects to develop and execute complex solutions for IBM clients worldwide
- In conjunction with IBM Distinguished Engineers and other key leaders, the Cloud Architect will provide guidance to the larger global Community of Practice (CoP) in their area and drive important community supported projects
- Prioritize building critical intellectual capital that may eventually be proven by the wider IBM audience through development of premier reusable assets often using innovative technologies on "First of a Kind" projects
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You'll learn directly from skilled developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out really excites you
- Please Beware...
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Cloud domain architecture
- Experience in leading the design, implementation, and expansion of Organization's Enterprise Computing and Cloud Computing Solutions providing High Performance Services using Open Source with focus on one or more of:
- Cloud Management Platforms - Design and implement a robust cloud management implementation including orchestration and catalog capabilities
- Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services - Design and implement cloud infrastructure services to support rapid application deployment
- Compliance - Integrate compliance and data regulatory requirements into all solutions.
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture, Eventual consistency, Relational and non-relational databases (no-SQL)
- Multi-tier architectures: Load Balancers, Caching, Web Servers, Application Servers, Networking and Databases
- Loose coupling and Stateless Systems, Content Delivery Networks and System performance tuning
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Certified from Open-Source technologies (OpenStack, Open-Shift, Cloud-Forms, Ansible, etc.)
- Working ability of other Cloud Providers e.g. IBM, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMware
- In-depth knowledge and understanding in core tenants to be considered when designing, developing and deploying to a Cloud. Confident enough to demonstrate Cloud Platforms
- Understanding on how to get started on Cloud Platforms with an ability to identify the appropriate Cloud Platform products to use for popular architectural patterns
- Proven ability on leading applications at scale and how Cloud could address each of the problems faced when designing for distributed scalable applications that are deployed across regions, Micro services, Decoupling, Self-healing, Testing & Security compliance
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top