Open Source Solution Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You will support the Technical Solutions Manager (TSM) by providing Services solution recommendations integrating GTS Services capabilities and offerings for their clients applying their broad technical skills, industry knowledge and business acumen expertise for consulting engagements, project services and managed services. These recommendations leverage IBM technologies, reference architectures and technical work products from GTS's portfolio to solve the client's business challenges and client deliver value, while ensuring technical viability and project profitability.
- Apply Brand, Cross-IBM & Integrator Solutions
- Apply Engagement Handover Methods
- Apply Global Integration
- Apply Knowledge of Product Integration
- Design Business/Technical Solutions
- Develop Architectural Decisions
- Develop Gap Analysis & Assessment
- Develop Industry-based Architectural IP
- Develop SEC Requirements & Architectural Decisions
- Develop Technical Solution Strategy
- Perform Architectural Leadership
- Perform Architecture Gap Analysis
- Perform Contract Negotiation Activities
- Team with IBM Account, Ops, Sales & Bid Teams
- Use Architectural Modeling Techniques
- Writing SOW/Scope/Project Definition
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 8+ years of experience in a quota carrying solutions sales role or other technical sales role
- 3+ years of experience focused on cloud platform technologies, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, and/or other Open Source solutions
- Competitive knowledge of the container industry including Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, and Pivotal
- Experience with a diverse set of cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Back to top