Offering Manager- Infrastructure Services
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Offering Manager provides detailed direction on key technical and marketing tasks to launch an offering feature, offering, or collection of offerings in the portfolio.
- Accountable for key outcome metrics, including customer satisfaction, accessibility and revenue and profitability of assigned offering.
- Performs or commissions analysis to identify needs and quantify opportunity. Has regular meetings with target market customers and prospects to gather market requirements and develops an understanding of the competitive landscape and key market influencers inclusive of offering capabilities, consumability, and go-to-market strategies.
- Articulates market problems to the broader offering team. Leads designers and developers to translate prioritized market requirements to development plans (e.g., via personas, use cases, user stories, and/or market requirements documents), helping to define a differentiated offering.
- Works collaboratively with development leaders, product architects, product designers, and key customers to appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives (e.g., by creating quarterly roadmaps, monthly release plans).
- Regularly participates in overall functional program planning (e.g., for offering content, usability, schedule, and quality).
- Drives customer validation through beta programs and client meetings, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution.
- Demonstrates offering capabilities and value proposition to external stakeholders (customers, partners, and analysts), analyzing feedback to identify potential gaps or opportunities and make recommendations on how to address them.
- Negotiates offering contracts with development teams, drives cross-functional collaborative efforts to meet offering schedule commitments, and actively manages the plan of delivery including associated risks. Provides ongoing technical and or operational guidance to lead professional work teams.
- Converts technical positioning into key market messages for offering launch. Confirms that marketing communications articulate the value proposition for key features and are developed and delivered in a digitally consumable way.
- Works with development and marketing to deliver digital assets in support of Open Source Networking m arketing and digital engagement, such as interactive demos, trials/evals, and user forums/communities. Confirms that sales execution plans are in place. Works with enablement to plan continuous learning programs for sales team and partners and to guide creation of enablement assets (conversation guides, competitor overviews), tools, and technical assets (offering architectures). Identifies offering references for industry and customer referrals. Monitors the sales process.
- Works with legal to create a standard offering contract that is simple for customers and meets all purchasing requirements. Works with development and marketing to ensure user analytics are appropriately embedded, tracked, and analyzed. Addresses serviceability issues with the offering and customer challenges.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Well-versed in industry trends in Cloud computing, Software Defined Networking, NFV, Containers and Open Source Technologies (OpenShift and Open Stack).
- At least 4 Offering or Product Management Experience, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Enterprise networking and deep understanding of the following:
- Public and private cloud market
- Open Source Technologies and Offerings:
- OpenStack Networking
- Software-defined networks with Open Daylight
- Cloud Enabled NFVs and Linux Containers
- Ansible (overview)
- Good understanding of IBM cloud offerings (IBM Cloud), and IBM competitors (AWS, Azure, Google, etc),
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with both technical professionals and executives.
- Capable of translating detailed technical issues to business-relevant concepts.
- Experience managing P&L with associated profit attainment pressures.
- Experience working and managing with the Agile project management methodology.
- An excitement for learning and staying up-to-date with technology.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in Network Consulting, Implementation and Managed Services
- Knowledge on the newest Network technologies and develops Software Based (SD) functionalities
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
Ability to work well independently or within a team, particularly cross-functional teams
- Understanding of Open Source Technologies and Offerings across:
- Ansible based Automation
- Distributed Virtual Routing
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top