Offering Managers at IBM are the voice of the business and users, and will direct and review market opportunity analyses to contribute to segment POV. Through cross-discipline stakeholder engagement, market requirement definition and trend monitoring, growth opportunities are identified.
Delivered as a "as-a-Service" (including software and managed services), IBM Cloud Brokerage Services enables clients to adopt a new hybrid IT and multi-sourced operating model; specifically by brokering personalized cloud services from multiple providers throughout hybrid clouds using a single dashboard.
Sporting strong analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a strong bias for action, you are an energetic, hands-on Offering Manager who will employ your ability to outline competitors' SWOT, feature differences, and market share to develop the business plan and refine strategy. Leveraging analytic tools (scenario analysis, etc.) and your natural ability to maintain a robust outside-in perspective, you will...
- Articulate markets, research users and define competitive landscape
- Innovate with established & emerging technology - software, hardware and services
- Act as a change agent to champion strategic initiatives, partnerships and acquisitions
- Appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives
- Regularly participate in overall functional program planning (content, usability, schedule, quality, etc.)
- Identify and articulate market problems to the broader offering team
- Develop and execute roadmaps, business models and go-to-market plans
- Drive customer validation via beta programs and client meetings, addressing requirements by delivered solution
- Define pricing, packaging, positioning, then measure.........everything
Why are you qualified for this role? You excel on both sides of the screen, with the uncanny ability to connect with customers, prospects, and market stakeholders. You respect and believe in data, understanding the relationship between analysis, needs identification and opportunity quantification. Always mindful of the big picture, developing an understanding of the competitive landscape, key market influencers inclusive of offering capabilities, and consumability comes naturally. You are a good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities, with natural tendency to present your views in a clear and compelling manner. And, you do not shy away from having sometimes difficult conversations. You thrive in the requirements gathering process, and are always working to identify and SOLVE unmet needs from users and buyers.
Who You'll Work With
We have a STRONG team here, and Offering Management is a core priority for 2018 and forward. You will partner with and ENABLE sales, marketing, finance and legal. This is the opportunity to collaborate with development leaders, product architects, product designers, engineering and key customers to ship offerings. You'll of course work with other Offer Managers, constantly enhancing your skill set and improving that of others through best practice sharing.
IBM Cloud Brokerage Service provides optimum integration into Enterprise IT systems (e.g. Private Cloud, Traditional IT, Single Sign On, Service Management, Managed Services) in a dedicated instance for each customer... and we're hiring. Join us.
#prodmgmt #PaaS @IBMCloud #offeringmanagement @IBM_CTS #XaaS #IBMToday #SaaS @caffeinate_adam #scenarioanalysis #IBMCTS_IIB #segmentation #pricing #packaging @IBMNAjobs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years' experience in Offering or Product Management discipline
Ability to combine strong business acumen with effective management skills
Experience of consolidations and reporting
Knowledge and Experience of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS / Cloud offering, pricing and packaging
Receptive to ongoing coaching and development and who is dedicated to delivering outstanding results
Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments to meet reporting deadlines
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in information systems, business administration and/or finance desired
- Prior work in academic or business setting performing business analysis / market analysis tasks
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top