Networking Support Engineer
For our TSS department covering Bulgaria we are searching for Support Representative with client-first mindset and eager to learn. In this you'll support customers over phone, e-mail and on-site resolving problems with customer machines and configuration issues.
This role is an individual contributor responsible for on-site repair, maintenance and installation of multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware, networking products, software and operating systems. You would be the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of operational services as required by the client. You would advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair client's IT operation. You may also perform services activities such as systems assurance, installation planning, account management, systems-level problem determination, discontinuance and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products. You would be accountable to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with service delivery, technical support and operational services for the client account(s). When critical situations occur, you would be the IBM technical interface to clients and manage the situation until the problem is fixed. You should have a thorough understanding of, and be able to articulate, IBM's technical support strategy. You would be responsible for the technical value relationship to protect revenue base and identify new services opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include pre-sales consultancy in regards of support and Networking equipment sales opportunities. Maintaining close working relationships with customers and becoming their trusted technical partner is essential for the success of the role.
- Handle customer requests submitted by phone, e-mail, web-forms or other support tools
- Service request update based on Customer request
- Preventative maintenance tracking and performance
- Service request management in call management systems
- Parts delivery coordination with SPO
- Task IDs monitoring and management
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve satisfactory resolution of customer issues
- Help maintain internal resources and knowledge bases by documenting findings and suggesting improvements
- Participate in internal projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents
- Provide world-class technical support expertise to both customers and internal field personnel in any country where IBM does business
- Use problem determination/problem source identification skills to isolate issues, execute action plans and document performed activities
- Keep customers, partners, and internal stakeholders regularly informed of problem resolution status throughout the support service request case life cycle
- Communicate resolution to the customer and reach an agreement of case closure
- Provide technical expertise in support of critical client situation resolution
- Escalate to other support groups when necessary and follow up with them to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Interface with client teams and customers to explain technical solutions, interpret manuals, and maintain customer satisfaction
- Generate technical documentation for service personnel and clients to follow
- Provide stand-by duty shift according to plan (roughly 1 week per 2 months)
- Platforms to be covered: CISCO OEM and TPM support. Juniper support, F5 support, ADVA systems support (optional). Candidate should have experience with at least one of the platforms listed.
- Pre-sales support for networking products - requires very good understanding of networking concepts and different vendors policies.
- Manage partner relationships with our networking partners (Cisco, Juniper, ADVA, Avaya, F5, etc.)
- CE on duty support - on call availability 3-4 days per month
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or similar technical field (Master's degree is an advantage)
At least 2 years of experience in technical customer support role
Experience in HW/SW support of at least one of the following platforms (the more, the better):
CISCO systems support
Juniper systems support
F5 systems support
ADVA systems support
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (B2-C2 level)
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
- Ability to ask clarifying questions as needed to fully understand customer query
- Ability to research available resources and work instructions to find resolution
- Ability to work and follow up with multiple support groups within the organization to bring customer's issue to resolution
- Driving license - cat. B
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with CISCO, Juniper and F5 policies is considered as an advantage (configurations preparation, quotes preparation, discount policies, partnership agreements, etc.)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top