Networking Services Sales Specialist
The Sales Specialist (SS) in Global technology Services Business unit is responsible for developing solutions that address their client's business needs and delivering client value while supporting IBM business strategies. The role is responsible for driving Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services signings across the assigned territory, with particular emphasis on Managed Services - Cloud, Networking & Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Solutions.
The SS works closely with the Architects as well as the Sales & Distribution Client Representative (Account Managers) to coordinate sales activities and to drive services business growth across existing IBM clients in the Industry Sectors (eg Financial, Public, Retail, Industry, etc) and in other cases on new customers with no preexisting relationships.
- Work close with Sales & Distributing Client Representative to identify, create, qualify and close new Technology Services sales opportunities by demonstrating a consultative sales approach
- Exceed the sales plan and business objectives by successfully selling IBM Global Technology Services solutions in the assigned selected accounts/Territory
- Actively lead the resolution of customer issues to ensure their satisfaction and a successful outcome to the sale
- Engage technical resources, as appropriate, to ensure the company overcomes any technical objections in the sales cycle
- Develop trusted relationships at a senior management level in enterprise accounts and develop and maintain their confidence
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and ensure a high level of teamwork and collaboration with support staff and other functions within the company
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field
At least 3 years relevant professional experience in managed services, Cloud, networking services, Resiliency & Business Continuity services.• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
• Self-motivated and disciplined while working in a driven selling environment with direct customer interaction
• Sales tenacity and creativity when presented with difficult challenges
• A pro-active entrepreneurial approach and proven track record in penetrating new accounts, developing great relationships with decision-makers, building compelling business cases and closing deals
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top