IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration. In this role you will:
- Orchestrate the project end-to-end
- Analyze discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Provides gap analysis at the start of the project.
- Directs team members and reviews results
- Deconflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors.
- Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end).
- Controls all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Define migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
- Tracks task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
This position is located at Scott AFB, IL, Montgomery, AL or Springfield, VA.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching).
- 3+ years of experience with BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol).
- 3+ years of experience with in-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
- 3+ years of experience in leading large engineering projects.
- 3+ years of experience with leadership skills in organizing a team of engineers.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
- F5 load balancers
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco ASRs
- 8570 compliant
- Active Secret Clearance or above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top