Network Support Specialist
IBM Global Services Delivery Center employs IT professionals across all sectors. This site is fast becoming a "Centre of Excellence" in key areas of the global technology industry. Few places offer as many opportunities to gain knowledge in your field, to work in a stimulating environment and rewards for outstanding performance as IBM. IBM can provide the perfect setting for your career and freedom to enjoy a rich personal life.
Network Support Specialist is mainly focused on maintaining, managing, (re)configuring, (re)designing, upgrading and monitoring Network and Security Infrastructure. Candidate needs to react fast to network anomalies and be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues across different technologies (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers etc.). It requires good knowledge and experience with different platforms (both hardware and software) and protocols, as well as the ability to troubleshoot communication in all layers of the OSI model. Candidate not only obligated, to adapt customer requirements to the networking environment but also proactively address trouble spots, recommend configuration and design changes. Sometimes, this will require traveling to Customer premises located around the world and collaborate with teams across boundaries (good communication skills are valued).
- Managing network and security infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and fault analysis
- Network diagnostics
- Providing technical expertise to internal / external parties and customers
- Designing infrastructure solutions
- Implementing network changes (depending on skills - from minor to major projects)
- Cooperating across teams and countries on projects
- Keeping the Infrastructure secure and up-to-date
- Monitoring services
- Network infrastructure design and implementation based on Cisco switches (Catalyst, Nexus) and Juniper (EX) devices, in Enterprise and Data Center environments
- Extensive knowledge of LAN technologies like VLANs, STP, EtherChannels, Fabric Path etc
- Very good understanding of routing operations on Cisco and/or Juniper and/or Vyatta solutions
- Knowledge of network security solutions like Firewalls, VPN gateways is required (Experience with more than one from: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortigate will be an asset)
- Knowledge of load balancing solutions (F5 BIG-IP)
- Ability to read and create technical drafts, network diagrams and topologies
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack operations
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues
- Knowledge of Vmware NSX network virtualization technology
- Experience with other SDN solutions is also welcomed
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Juniper JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE
- Vmware VCAP6-NV
- All other technical certifications are also welcomed and highly valued
- English - Fluent
- Other Languages on at least B1 level are valued.
- Trainings and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top