Network Support Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Provide world-class remote technical support expertise to both customers and internal field personnel in any country where IBM does business;
• Use problem determination/problem source identification skills to isolate issues and document substantive action plans that resolve client issues accurately the first time;
• Keep customers, partners, and internal stakeholders regularly informed of problem investigation and resolution status throughout the support service request case life cycle;
• Provide technical expertise in support of critical client situation resolution;
• Use lab hardware to assemble customer configurations in order to replicate customer failure mechanisms;
• Use specialized debug equipment such as scopes and analyzers to isolate complex client problems;
• Work with suppliers, other teams and, if applicable, L3 OEM Development to drive fixes for field issues;
• Interface with client teams and customers to explain technical solutions, interpret manuals, and maintain customer satisfaction;
• Generate technical documentation for service personnel and clients to follow;
• Provide on-site assistance to resolve critical client technical issues (when required).
• Flexible schedule to support 24x7 shift operations and on-call coverage (as applicable)
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Independent worker and team player
• Strong troubleshooting skills, creative and able to think outside the box
• Strong technical expertise in all layers of the OSI model with a solid understanding of how each technology works
- Ethernet and Switching
- IP, NAT, and Routing
- TCP, UDP
- SSL and IPSec VPNs
• Ability to read, analyze, and isolate behavioral anomalies within packet captures
• Background working in a vendor or technical support environments with trouble ticketing systems will be considered as an advantage
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Experience with F5, Checkpoint or Symantec/Bluecoat products
• Experience with Linux, shell scripting, programming languages, and tool development will be considered as an advantage
• Valid certification with F5, Checkpoint or Symantec/Bluecoat will be considered as an advantage
• Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent) in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications)
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top