Network Success Manager
Blockchain has the potential to reimagine existing business networks, create new business models and unlock business value across industries. We are creating a hand-picked team to grow this new business.
Join the IBM Blockchain Labs team in the Industry Platform unit. You will be the IBMer responsible for taking customer first use cases into pilot projects. You will use your talents in integration, application architecture, cloud design and deployment to make Blockchain technology transform the business processes for our customers.
IBM Blockchain Labs is focused on consistent, repeatable pattern for rapid innovation and execution of blockchain projects from ideation to production. The team work with IBM Services and our partner system integrator services projects moving into pilot phase and beyond. You will need to bring with you a high level of software services skill and some proven client facing skills.
You will lead the design and development of solutions on top of the IBM Blockchain platform and the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Project. You will use your talents in software development, application architecture, cloud design and deployment. You will assess the opportunities and examine the impact of Blockchain technology to existing business processes, markets and systems and work with clients to develop a roadmap for adoption. You will utilize the IBM Cloud Garage method which combines design thinking, agile development, and Lean Startup to build software.
As a services practitioner you will encourage and develop innovative solutions with customers in industries as diverse as Finance, Public Sector, Retail and Travel and Transport using technology which is brand new and a scarce commodity. You will be working in transformational multi-disciplinary teams of design thinking, industry expert and customer involvement to develop pilot project architectures and guide projects in iterative cycles.
How we'll help you grow:
There is a land grab for these Blockchain skills in the IT industry. Blockchain use case experience, architectures and development skills are in hot demand from IBM customers worldwide.
You will have unique access to the growing IBM team of technology pioneers who are building a new market for IBM and a unique value proposition for the IT industry. You will benefit from working with and learning from the people that have developed this open source, open standards technology since the beginning; our team love to mentor and share knowledge.
- Provide Thought Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise in IBM Blockchain; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise; creatively applying blockchain technology to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Upon commencement of engagements, co-lead client workshops influencing participants from all levels of our clients' organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the architecture that will support the engagement
- Using exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar Technical subject
- Experience at least 5 years in IT project management including development and architecture phase
- Experienced Solution Architect with at least 3-5 years professional related experiences in solutioning complex end-to-end solutions and client projects.
- Experienced technical leader in building and scaling a Service practice including the development of services offerings and reusable services assets and methodologies.
- Examples from several projects which demonstrate object oriented programming language background and an increasing amount of development leadership experience.
- Self-taught or prior development experience with Hyperledger, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies.
- A working knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm script and other cloud technologies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience developing applications using the IBM Cloud platform is highly desirable.
- Experience with the IBM Blockchain Platform
- Experience with IBM Design Thinking or equivalent methodology is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Extreme programming (XP) techniques would be an advantage
- IBM Middleware product background preferred.
- Outstanding teamwork, negotiation, planning, project management, resource coordination, communication and collaboration skills are needed.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top