Network Services Specialist
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.We will provide you opportunities to grow in IBM by encouraging you to explore the area/technology that you are passionate about.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of cognitive healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
As a Network Engineer you will support day to day out Operations and implement projects and also this position focuses on managing and maintaining network devices and applications.
- You will be part of a driven team responsible for the delivery of Watson solutions into a wide variety of clients and Business Sectors.
- You will be part of a team engaged in our Watson Delivery Cloud and our global data center expansion.
- This role requires demonstrated knowledge in Cloud Technology, Routing, Switching, Internet Protocol, Network Security, and Network Virtualization technologies
- Designing and implementing new and complex high quality solutions for Watson products and clients in response to varying business requirements, implementing strategic Cloud networks utilizing demonstrated knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to influence functional and non-functional strategy.
- Work with major network providers and vendors to implement and support the Watson Network.
- Implement tools, processes, priorities and resources necessary to manage, analyze, design and implement business directives for our network.
- Engineering, and implementing a global network strategy for Watson and integration with Softlayer.
- Implement Network solutions which adhere to all applicable security and compliance standards.
- Network management and support.
- Data center facilities planning, such as cabling, spacing, and electrical planning.
- Support - Checkpoint Firewall infrastructure,F5 Load Balancer infrastructure and Cisco LAN environments.
- Work with various teams from all Watson Healthcare divisions to support custom network solutions.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies.
- You have opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you to become the expert you want to be.
Work Location : Chennai and Hyderabad
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of related technical experience in Data Center environments.
- Skilled in Cisco IOS and NXOS, Switching and Routing.
- Skilled in F5 Administration, Management along with SSL Certificate.
- Skilled in Checkpoint Administration and Management.
- Experience in WAN including vendor communication.
- Experience working in a Cisco environment including both LAN and WAN technologies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrable ability to fix complex issues related to network hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack.
- Understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IPv4, VPN and Network Monitoring tools.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience in any one of below Networking Tools like
- Splunk, Sevone Cisco ACS, Cisco Prime and Gigamon Packet Capture.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top