Network Security Specialist
Your future made with IBM
IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. You will have an opportunity to work from the IBM office and remotely from home. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
We are looking for experienced Network Security Specialist who will take a part in networking projects. You will join a team of network specialists and architects in supporting complex, wide scale and multi-tenant data center environment. Person who will fulfill this role will be focused on maintaining, managing, (re)configuring, (re)designing, upgrading and monitoring Network Security solutions.
Network Security Specialist needs to react fast to network anomalies and be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues across different technologies (firewalls, proxy servers, IPS/IDS devices, network connectivity etc.). The role requires good knowledge and experience with different platforms (both hardware and software) and protocols, as well as the ability to troubleshoot communication in all layers of the OSI model. Network Security Specialist is not only obligated, to adapt customer requirements to the networking environment but also proactively address trouble spots, recommend configuration and design changes. Sometimes, this will require traveling to Customer premises located around the world and collaborate with teams across boundaries (good communication skills are valued).
- managing network and security infrastructure
- troubleshooting and fault analysis
- network diagnostics
- providing technical expertise to internal / external parties and customers
- designing infrastructure solutions
- implementing network changes (depending on skills - from minor to major projects)
- cooperating across teams and countries on projects
- keeping the Infrastructure secure and up-to-date
- monitoring services
- Internal and external trainings and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills' development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and experience with network security solutions, including:
- Firewalls, VPN Gateways (in-depth experience with one or more from fallowing vendors: Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortigate)
- Proxy Servers (Squid, Blue Coat/Symantec)
- IDS/IPS devices (Trend Micro)
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack operations
- Overall knowledge of networking operations in switching and routing
- Overall knowledge and experience with LAN/WAN and Data Center networking
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Related professional certifications are a big plus:
- Cisco Security (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
- Juniper Security (JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE)
- Palo Alto (PCNSE)
- Checkpoint (CCSA, CCSE)
- All other networking and technical certifications are also welcomed and highly valued
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top