Your Role and Responsibilities
The Network Engineer will be a member on the Global Infrastructure Network Operate quad. This person will be responsible for network operations and infrastructure services regionally and globally. As a part of the Network Team, the candidate's responsibilities will include day to day tickets and support, participation in on-call rotation, and documentation.
This environment includes, but is not limited to: Cisco routers, Cisco IOS switches, Cisco Nexus line, Cisco ASA firewalls, Vyatta Firewalls.
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching design, configuration, implementation and support
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
- Excellent overall understanding of Cisco products:
- ASA Firewalls - 5500-X Series experience: configuring access rules; configuring site-to-site and remote access VPN's; troubleshooting
- Switches and Routers including Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 1v
- Must be proficient with network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, experience with Open Source tools a plus
- Cloud experience is highly desirable
- Experience with network troubleshooting & resolution of very complex routing problems via protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience in implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications
- Occasional travel, On-call schedule and after hour maintenance events are required
Los especialistas en TI que ocupen este rol laboral contarán con experiencia en una o varias áreas de tecnología de los sistemas de red. Algunos ejemplos son: direccionadores, controladores de red, puentes o software de red relacionado con estas tecnologías. Algunos ejemplos típicos de aportaciones son la creación de soluciones de prueba de concepto con tecnología de sistemas de red y el diseño de la arquitectura de soluciones de red para satisfacer los requisitos de los clientes. Los especialistas en TI que ocupan este rol laboral trabajan con productos o soluciones basadas en hardware o software de sistema operativo de todos los proveedores. Son los especialistas en TI que aplican principalmente sus conocimientos técnicos en un entorno de implementación y servicios facturables de clientes tanto internos como externos.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration and implementation
- Minimum 3+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS and FWs
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.), SMTP and SNMP.
- Exposure to Cisco UCS platform and related switching configurations
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, L2L VPN, and Remote Access VPN
- Networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
- Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer engineering, systems or related field
- CCNP or equivalent industry &/or business networking experience desired
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top