National Senior Leasing Manager – Canada & Caribbean
The National Senior Leasing Manager - Canada & Caribbean will be fully responsible for executing lease acquisitions, lease renewals and lease dispositions for sites across Canada and the Caribbean, ensuring the best interests and outcome of negotiations and in accordance with the parameters set out by IBM.
The successful candidate will acts as the primary lead for all Vendor partner leasing and lease administration transactions, oversight and direction as it pertains to the leased and owned portfolio, while understanding and working with multi disciplines within the Global Real Estate Real Estate (GRE) Canada team
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible all leasing transactions for medium to high complexity and volume of GRE Canada transactions from a Tenant and Landlord and Sub-landlord perspective, and support other types of transactions as assignedCoordinate the efforts of brokers in obtaining market information, landlord proposals, drafting documents, negotiating transactions, etc.
- Responsible for the negotiation, maintenance and oversight of Data Center Colocation agreements and will need to gain a solid understanding of Colo agreements and all related leasing issue.
- Also responsible for the leasing of excess and surplus IBM owned space, and recovering the maximum value for this space while working with Procurement on tendering of Vendors used for appraisals, and other real estate leasing matters.
- Draft all Offers and related lease documentation, working with IBM templates and precedent agreements; ensure accuracy of Offers and other lease documents, work with Legal and Leasing Manager to develop documents and during the negotiation process.
- Working with Financial Analysts (both internal and Vendor) to maintain complete hard and soft copy of all transaction and related document files.
- Ensuring IBM processes are followed, coordinating and tracking all necessary approvals required for a transaction.
- Work with project management, operations and strategy to ensure that all appropriate business terms are incorporated in OffersAttending and leading regular meetings, such as regional meetings, status updates with management, broker status updates, and other as required.
Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
This role is based out of our Markham office
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years experience in corporate real estate experience focused on leasing and transaction management
- Experience with real estate appraisals is essential
- Minimum 5 years working within, or support of, a highly matrixed, large organization.*Analytical, communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Lotus Notes, Excel and willingness to learn new applications.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously manage, negotiate and execute transactions with a high proficiency and knowledge.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with financial real estate metrics
- Experience with space planning and space charges
- Experience in financial analysis and real estate strategic planning
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top