Middleware Administrator - L3 Support
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
- You will be involved in designing, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support MQ servers.
- You will be supporting WebSphere infrastructures with multiple Middle ware products.
- You will have to apply your deep expertise in designing, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support Websphere application servers
- You will be installing and configuring WMQ v.6 / v.7 on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Supporting large scale WebSphere infrastructures with multiple middle ware products.
- Create MQ objects like Queue Managers, Queues, Channels, Listeners etc.
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring and monitoring the Channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implementing Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one to one and one to many connections.
- Proven experience with WebSphere ND Ability and websevers to install, deploy and administration large WebSphere infrastructures.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+Years of relevant experience in Middleware (WAS or MQ/MB) administration role
- Proven experience of installation and configuration using MQ/MB.
- Prior experience in a production support experience
- Ability to write Shell /Perl scripts, decode existing scripts and modify as per requirements.
- Proven experience on UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Proven Experience with WebSphere Application Servers and Webservers to install, deploy and administration large WebSphere infrastructures.
- Proven experience in supporting large scale WebSphere infrastructures with multiple Middleware products.
- Considerable initiative and judgment relative to problem determination / resolution.
- Manage and drive third parties to the quick resolution of change
- Exposure to infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in WebSphere performance monitoring/tuning and optimization/capacity planning.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven knowledge on Jboss administration
- MQ/MB knowledge for both Windows and UNIX environment.
- Weblogic Administration experience will be added advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top