Mid Level Software Engineer - Cloud Development (Java & Node)
We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
The IBM CIO organization is looking for Front-end/Back-end Developers to work on highly visible projects, transforming cloud computing within IBM. We play a major role in delivering technology to the IBM Enterprise. Currently we are re-engineering how cloud consumption is done within IBM and we are developing new key technologies to track and charge for cloud usage. Our system is being built with the latest cloud and web technologies and we are looking for developers with experience using state of the art engineering, development and DevOps frameworks and techniques. In this fast pace and expanding organization, we foster an environment of continuous innovation and working in agile teams.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 plus years of experience in Full stack cloud development
- Must have knowledge of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry (IBM Bluemix) PaaS, and IaaS (IBM Softlayer)
- Fluent with the following languages: Java and Node
- Proven knowledge of GitHub Enterprise, IBM Bluemix DevOps Services / Continuous Delivery or other software version control system
- Knowledge of SOA / web services - SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
- Proven experience effectively working through high pressure and complex situations
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Hands-on Public Cloud (IaaS) - One or more of AWS, Rackspace, SoftLayer, Azure, etc.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 8 plus years' experience in front end/back-end development
- Fluent with the following languages: React, Python
- Infrastructure, Network, Firewall (Vyatta), and Application Security best-practices
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top