Microwave Design Engineer
We seek highly self-motivated and creative individuals with experience in microwave design and modeling to join the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY,
These positions involve supporting a large R&D group on projects involving non-linear superconducting circuits and supporting hardware in the DC - 10 GHz range. Prior experience in superconducting circuits is not required; however, thorough understanding and intuition of electromagnetism and microwaves are required.
- Simulating novel passive microwave structures and ultra-high quality resonators, optimizing for reduced parasitic resonances
- Designing and modeling low noise amplifiers and matching networks
- Designing and simulating microwave launch structures
The World is Our Laboratory No matter where discovery takes place; IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years in microwave/Radio Frequency engineering
- Experience with HFSS, ADS or similar applications
- US citizenship
- Able to gain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's in Electrical Engineering / Physics
- Minimum of 8 years in microwave/RF engineering
- Minimum of 5 years modeling in HFSS
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top