Microwave Design Engineer
IBM Research is seeking a candidate with a background in Microwave Engineering.
Applicants should have demonstrated experience in modeling and simulating complex structures operating in the microwave frequency regime. You will work on a team to develop circuits for quantum computing experiments. Proficiency with electromagnetic modeling tools, such as High Frequency Structural Simulator (HFSS), Microwave Office, or other microwave simulation tools is required. You will be expected to work collaboratively and effectively on a team and must possess proven communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related area is required.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience with design, modeling, and verification of microwave circuits
- At least 1 year of experience on electromagnetic simulation tools (e.g. HFSS, Microwave Office, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience simulating and modeling superconducting circuits operating in the single-photon regime
- Familiarity with microwave measurement and test equipment and methods
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with electronic design automation tools
- Numerical modeling and programming
- Quantum device physics
- Superconducting electronics and circuits
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top