Microsoft Windows Administrator
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
The position is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, troubleshoot and support of Microsoft Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 enterprise servers, in a top tier data center environment. The position requires: . Participating in an on-call support rotation. . Following and complying with existing Change Management policies.
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, Virginia. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required on Day 1. Benefits
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 to 8 years' experience in supporting both physical and virtual Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Written and verbal communication ability to explain technical concepts
- Windows OS and application hardening experience
- Strong understanding of Group Policies
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and Networking including ports and protocols
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Documenting changes, break/fix incidents appropriately in a ticket tracking system
- Understanding of Data Center technologies with experience maintaining equipment in a medium to large data center
- Ability to begin work or undertake a project on his or her own initiative
- CompTIA Security+ (on Day 1) and Windows certification (i.e., MCSA, MCSE, etc.) within 180 days of start.
- Interim DoD Secret clearance/DoD Secret clearance is required in Day 1.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- VMware, ESXi and vSphere
- Experience in PowerShell scripting
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and Instructions
- Citrix XenApp 6/7 product suite
- Managing Active Directory Users and Computers
- Experience with STIG implementation or comparable security implementation practices
- MS SQL administration and hardening
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top