Microsoft Azure Application Architect
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results
We are currently seeking experienced Microsoft Azure application architect/consultant to support our clients. The architect/consultant in this role:
- Participates in every aspect of the implementation from initiation and start up, analysis, design, development, testing and cut over for go-live and support.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout the client organization to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements are aligned to business objectives, gaining a full understanding of current business processes.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud platform and evaluates the customer's business requirements against the standard Azure Offerings.
- Demonstrates experience in agile methodology, and understands the key activities and deliverables for the client engagement.
- Is accountable for the documentation of the technical design which express what actions a solution must take and what outcome is expected.
- Conducts technical proof of concepts for first of a kind, unknown, or complex situations
- Has experience in developing integrations of Azure to various types of external systems and can recommend an approach and technology for each case
- Has experience with development of custom using Azure App Services, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data warehouse.
- Works with off-shore design, development and/or testing teams to coordinate deliverables, schedule milestones, quality, etc.
- Has experience with MS VSTS and build deployment automation
- Understands, evaluates, and contributes to complementary Microsoft technologies that support Azure implementations, like Power BI, O365, etc.
- Participates in business development activities, from opportunity identification, qualification, scoping, solutioning, proposal writing, orals presentations and demonstrations.
IBM's Microsoft Azure consultants are required to travel to client sites across Canada to delivery projects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years of experience delivering various projects involving Microsoft Azure technologies.
At least 10 years of experience in Microsoft .Net Platform (at least ASP.Net MVC), Microsoft SQL Server
Preference will be given to candidate with basic knowledge of SharePoint/ SharePoint Online/O365
Experience in Agile Methodology
Readiness to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
Has Canadian federal government security clearance or is willing and capable of obtaining the same.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top