Merchandising Business Analyst
The IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising Services team is focused on delivering all aspects of IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising SaaS solutions to our world-class Retail industry clients. Members of the Services team work together in a project-based environment that has a significant consultative sales component to ensure that clients receive full benefits from IBM's leading business solutions. All members of the team must acquire an in-depth understanding of IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising products and services and be effective in communicating with the clients and other parts of the organization including Data Integration Services, Data Science Services, Technical Support, Offering Management and Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong quantitative and analytical background that includes experience in a client-facing environment and data analysis. In addition, the candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills to assist in turning sophisticated analyses into persuasive client-ready documents. The ideal candidate must also be detail oriented, organized and reliable. They must be able to handle multiple priorities, be flexible and work effectively with others under minimum supervision. Additionally, the candidate will be a talented presenter and inspirational professional who will contribute to grow IBM's intellectual capital.
In this job, you wil assist in all project and customer development activities including:
- Assist in all phases of the IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising implementation project lifecycle including requirements gathering, project status meetings, and business results analysis
- Become a Subject Matter Expert of IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising solutions and become fully independent in configuring and managing the software platform
- Help report, coordinate and prioritize the resolution of inquiries and technical issues experienced by the customers by accurately updating and monitoring cases in the Customer Service systems
- Assist in the resolution of data issues related to the Data Integration and Data Science services included in IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising solutions
- Develop sophisticated and persuasive analyses from data to develop strong customer relationships
- Lead customer relationship management activities after the solution implementation phase: coordinating technical support and platform enablement services
- Assist in a variety of activities that support the IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising Services team's ability to deliver value to world-class retailers, including:
- Collaborate with IBM's Offering Management practice to ensure the funneling of customer feedback into the software development life cycle
- Assist in the development and delivery of training materials to customers on IBM Omni-channel Merchandising solutions
- Assist in the design, documentation and maintenance of internal knowledge assets
- Create and deliver presentations and material for industry conferences
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2-4 year work experience in business analysis on a SaaS environment, management consulting, or a Retail industry-focused role
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong ability to handle vast quantities of data and communicate meaningful insights
- Proficiency with office applications (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access).
- Experience with Data Science and Database Management applications is a strong plus
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to customer sites to perform duties, including internationally
- Native Spanish speaker and full professional proficiency in English. Other language skills are a plus.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top