At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
The Medical Nurse is responsible for providing occupational health and wellbeing services to the company. Services required include :
- Meet all government requirements for a company Medical Nurse.
- Develop, implement and administer health and wellness programs and services in compliance with company and government requirement.
- Advice and counsel on implementation of policies, programs, and practices related to the health of employees
- Assist with analyzing, evaluating, modifying and improving existing processes, procedures and programs.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new health and wellness programs and tools.
- Assists or leads multifunctional teams in on health and wellness programs and projects including assisting with design and trend analysis.
- Identifies employee health needs and emerging health issues and assists in data gathering and analysis.
- Performs medical case management according to company policy.
- Management consultation and advice on occupational health issues, emergency medical response oversight, advice on clinical issues to staff, travel health advice, counsel on administration of company policies, programs and practices related to the health of employees.
- Ensure contracted healthcare providers provide quality and effective services.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires a minimal of 2 years of health or related work experience.
- Occupational/preventive/public health background/experience, preferred, esp. with certificate that passed government required training for company hired Medical Nurse.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Good computer skills
- Articulate with good communication skills.
- Program Management, Communication, Leadership, Negotiation, Policy Interpretation, Interpersonal Relations, Risk Taking.
- Leadership on health & wellbeing issues
- Works on special projects or leads teams when required.
- Generally controls own work priorities.
- Ability to articulate and compare alternative approaches; negotiates specific objectives.
- Significant responsibility for interpreting occupational health and personnel guidelines and improvements. Challenges the validity of processes and procedures for the purposes of enhancements and improvements.
- High level work ethics and attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and with senior management
- Creativity and professional judgments applied to problems to develop review or modify complex programs and independently generate solutions.
- Supports managers needs for well being advice and counsel.
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top