Marketplace Client Success Content Strategist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cognitive Applications team is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic wordsmith to join our client success team as we deliver the next generation multi-cloud marketplace platform. If you want to work on the next big thing, and appreciate cutting edge technologies and high performing teams, then this is the right next step in advancing your career.
As our Client Success Content Strategist, you will be our digital voice to clients. You'll own the quality and structure of our knowledge management and content strategy, its timely delivery and its technical accuracy. You'll be empowered to use experimentation and data-based decision making to refine tone and voice, while transforming the complex world of containerized cloud software into an approachable solution.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will have the opportunity to establish and deliver the documentation experience for this exciting, new software platform. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a content style and tone guide, in partnership with brand managers and designers, and communicate that guidance to development teams and external partners.
- Contribute to the Information Architecture of platform documentation, visible both on the public site and behind-the-scenes for support agents
- Draft documentation based on limited content or drafts provided by author(s) and from technical documentation.
- Plan content for and train Chatbots that will provide support information and triage cases
- Work with content providers, designers, and software developers to refine content, verify technical accuracy, gain stakeholder approval, and ensure the content's intent is achieved.
- Maintain a high level of content quality throughout the platform documentation, copy-editing as needed.
- Ensure adherence to corporate communication and brand standards
- Perform Project Management tasks, such as establishing priorities and deadlines for technical documentation, maintaining a content calendar, and tracking deliverables in a task management system.
- Use A/B testing, heatmaps , and user feedback to evolve our approach to documentation so that clients can be successful, faster, by discovering their own answers.
- Build and execute a Social Engagement communications plan, including forum and blog social listening and developer engagement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in technical writing or a related field, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical writing with a focus on digital documentation
- At least 2 years experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Expert in Markdown , experienced in HTML and CSS.
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills.
- Solid foundation in the principles of computer programming, API design, DevOps, cloud computing and software architecture.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Formal training or experience in cloud technologies
- Experience in using data analytics to guide content development
- Problem solving, interpersonal, and independent time management skills to handle high-pressure, complex situations effectively
- Demonstrated communication skills, and the ability to work directly with clients/customers
- Experience in Social brand management or Social communications
- Solid, proven experience in creating user flows, information architectures, ontologies and site maps.
- The pace of a startup thrills you; while the scale of IBM inspires you to think Big.
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top