Marketing Project Manager
Discover what you can do at IBM.
The project manager (PM) is responsible for maintaining the overall scope which includes coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with sponsor's strategy, commitments budget and goals.
- PMP certified project managers define the vision of the project and communicate this vision to the team.
- Communicate with stakeholders becuase they must all be kept up to date on the status, timelines, progress, risks and issues associated with the project.
- Provide small to complex project plans, risk assessment and conflict management.
- Manage stakeholder expectations from C-levels to sales and marketing level .
- Consult with sponsors to clarify requirements and consolidate project proposals including the development of cost structures .
- Serve as liaison between various roles within MSC with the main responsibility of monitoring and managing the status of a project
- Maintain day-to-day project activity and contact with sponsors on projects while keeping the business manager updated on project status and any potential deviations.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the client, the team and company, to ensure that all projects are following guidelines and rules established by corporate and the brand.
- Manage all production aspects of a project's lifecycle including tracking of associated budgets and timelines .
- Mentor & coach project leaders through PMP certification process
- Conflict Management Skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good motivator
- Exemplify excellent ve rbal and written communication skills
- Participate in analysis and metrics creation and reporting
- Identify and determine deviations
- Take corrective actions to address deviations
- Build and maintain client/sponsor relationships
- Develop and manage project cost structures
- Determine skills set required to complete a project request
This role is located in IBM offices in Research Triangle park, North Carolina.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PMP Certified with current certification (please include cert # on resume)
- 5+ years working as project manager.
- Ability to leverage agile approach in planning, tracking, and managing projects.
- Previous experience working on marketing-oriented projects such as web, video, or writing projects.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel and some experience with tools such as Trello, Gira, or Kapost.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction while still accomplishing established goals.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of applying critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment and effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and marketing staff.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top