Marketing Program Leader - IBM Watson
Marketing Program Leader, IBM Watson
In 2011, IBM Watson made headlines by winning Jeopardy against tough competitors. Since then Watson has evolved to become the AI platform for business. We're looking for an experienced marketing program leader who can help us build on that strategy and take it to the next level.
The market for AI technologies is fast-moving and highly competitive. The successful candidate will be one who can work in such an environment across functions to create and execute a marketing strategy that clearly differentiates and positions IBM Watson to win. You will lead an energetic marketing team with world-wide responsibilities based in New York City. You will direct and manage the other members of the team, including the content marketer, demand generation manager, product marketer and give direction to other members of the wider team including design and digital specialists.
You will build and execute an integrated marketing plan for a crucial area of the IBM Watson portfolio. The role requires critical thinking skills and a focus on quality and speed of execution to build out and execute the marketing plan for this area of the business. You will require both leadership skills and a broad grounding across marketing disciplines as you take on overall ownership for the strategy, the relationship with Product Management and Sales, campaign design and performance and all other aspects of the marketing strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team to ensure timely and successful execution of the plan
- Take responsibility for program design and messaging
- Take primary responsibility for campaign design and execution
- Liaise effectively with Product Management and Sales
- Take responsibility for campaign metrics and report effectively to senior management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 - 4 years product / portfolio marketing expertise in a software, solutions or services environment
- Proven experience of developing value propositions, articulating differentiators, defining compelling messages
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize market, product or competitor research and analysis and produce meaningful strategic direction from it
- Proven track record of working independently
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with incomplete information and in ambiguous circumstances
- Strong, driven, task and outcome focused
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent team player
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience of leading a team either as team leader or manager
- 8+ years of working in multiple marketing disciplines
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience working in a SAAS environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top