Marketing Analytics Specialist
Discover what you can do at IBM.IBM North America Performance Marketing Professionals own the demand generation mission by developing and executing integrated end-to-end campaigns supporting IBM Business Unit, Industry and Profession constituencies. The focus for the team is on building buyer journeys that weave together content, digital, and face to face experiences to compel buyers to choose IBM.
The Analytics Specialist fills an important role on this team, applying data driven approaches using Marketing Dashboard Tools in combination with data pulled directly from marketing databases to analyze & find insights that will help the team optimize and improve campaigns.
We are seeking someone with experience in Marketing Analytics for our Analytics team. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Analyze, optimize, and improve marketing performance for their focus area.
- Develop campaign analytics and audience strategies to better profile, target, and re-target prospects.
- Review end to end campaign results along the marketing funnel, from digital reach/visits and responses, to leads and wins, making recommendations which will help to improve marketing performance.
- Consult with marketing and sales executives and team members to ensure data consistently drives business decisions and impact
- Conduct custom analysis through extracting response, sales opportunities, and other marketing data directly from the database, then analyzing, developing insights, and summarizing findings for our Marketing clients.
- Work with various WW and Geography teams to help in the development and improvement of Marketing Databases, Tools, and Marketing Automation Platforms.
- Team with a variety of marketing managers to ensure databases, dashboards, education, and other assets delivered contribute to the success of marketing campaigns.
- Help to teach and promote the adoption of data driven approaches and capabilities across North America Performance marketing
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing or marketing analytics
- Ability to Extract & Analyze data, Identifying Insights, and Summarize Findings,
- Comfortable working with and learning new Databases.
- Strong Excel (Pivot Tables) Skills.
- Strong Database Query skills (SQL).
- Strong Consultation skills and ability to Summarize/Present findings to both peers and Executives.
- Ability to Communicate, work with, and teach/share ideas and processes across varied geographical and functional teams.
- Data Visualization (graphical views of findings).
- Skilled in Power Point and Word.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Worked with Sales Opportunity and Response / Registration Data.
- Used or taught Web page testing and heat map tools such as Optimizely & Hot Jar.
- History with IBM Marketing and Sales Opportunity databases.
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation platforms (Unica).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top