Market Development & Insights Undergrad Internship - Summer 2019
In this new era, IBM is reshaping industries with our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things - changing how businesses build, collaborate, analyze, and engage.
At the heart of this transformation are Market Development & Insights (MD&I) analysts. We provide a trusted, objective view of the market and its impact on IBM, empowering IBMers to drive actions that grow the business.
An MD&I analyst is a critical thinker with strong business insight and a desire to work in partnership with IBM executive leaders. MD&I analysts approach every engagement with a client-centered focus, bringing together marketplace expertise, understanding of competitive dynamics, and data from a variety of sources to drive value and growth for the business.
MD&I's 10-week summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to work on strategic projects that address real business challenges facing IBM's decision makers. Throughout the summer, you will participate in educational sessions to develop skills, join in on networking opportunities to connect with other members of MD&I and across IBM, and gain exposure to many different parts of IBM's business.
As an intern, the types of projects you will work on and problems you will help tackle include examples from this past summer:
- Define how IBM should position its business partner ecosystem to empower IBM leaders to make effective and efficient investments
- Increase IBM's digital revenue by elevating the digital experience of our offerings in responding faster to competitive innovation
- Provide fact-based recommendations on IBM's approach to the eSports market for building solutions and brand agreement among key stakeholders
- Help IBM be ahead of the curve on the future of customer experience for their clients
- Collaborate with IBM's business leaders on a strategic project
- Provide compelling, fact-based findings through organizing and extracting data, information, and insights from various sources and methods - including primary and secondary research, competitive analysis and market opportunity analysis
- Practice Design Thinking principles to focus on our stakeholders' needs and desired outcomes, and to work with agility within the team
- Communicate findings and recommendations to IBM leadership in a clear and concise manner that enables decisive business action
- Problem solving skills and strong analytical thinking
- Adept communication skills including writing, presentations, storytelling and effectively sharing recommendations
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and self-discipline in a highly independent working environment
- Collaborative approach to teaming
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Basic quantitative analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of market research and market insights
- Basic skills in relationship management
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Interest in the technology industry
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top