Major Incident Manager
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
- As a Major Incident Manager working for a global provider of IT solutions, you will be working within a multi-supplier environment transforming into a MIM model.
The successful candidate will be maintaining overall Major Incident Management process and share the drive critical and complex incidents in every possible means to multi-suppliers, as well as building on the Process maturity during the transformation.
- High-level ownership of the technical service restoration plan across all Vendor delivered IT services and the Resolver Group Managers involved in P1 incidents
- Coordination of technical restoration actions and plans via email, messaging, updating of P1 tickets in ITSM Tool
- Technical and Functional Escalation where necessary
- Aim is to reduce restoration time and escalation to Situation Management for P1 incidents
- Communication via various means including SMS and reporting
- Plan, coordinate and control the restoration of complex and high impact system problems that occur within the production environment
- Prioritise major incidents and assign tasks to Service Support and Delivery resources as required
- Act as the central communication point for major incidents - all Priority 1 issues and Priority 2 issues as required
- Ensures creation of a resolution plan for P1 & P2 incidents
- Understand and clearly communicate the business impact of major incidents
- Prioritise major incidents based on business impact to the client
- SIAM Major incident managers are authorised to login in to any priority calls during lean periods for their own knowledge gain
- Develop strong working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required
- Train and mentor other team members including Service Restoration Managers and Problem Managers in process and techniques used to manage major incidents across all vendors
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of P1 & P2 incidents
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of experience of running the MI across all Vendors.
- Proven experience as Major Incident Manager & should have ITIL exposure.
- Proven experience in handling the Bridge calls.
- Create standardized visual design diagrams of logical infrastructure, including platform, storage, and networking information
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Participate in resolving the P1 & P2 issues.
- Should participate in prioritizing the Major Incidents and assigning of tasks.
- Provide coordination across technical teams to encourage application of standards and adherence to standard based methodologies.
- Should have knowledge on current industry technologies and trends, understand the appropriateness for the application and timing of those technologies.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top