Mainframe Systems Programmer: DB2 z/OS Support
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
DB2 z/OS System Programmer / Database Administrator will be responsible for DB2 software products. The responsibility includes ordering, installation, distribution, upgrading, customization, designing and recommending solutions, performing problem root cause analysis, troubleshooting, solving issues, database tuning, customer support, etc.
Mainframe Database Management DB2:
- Ordering/installing/upgrading etc. of DB2
- Error handling related to DB2
- Removal/deactivation of DB2 products
- Support for DBA related tasks
- Ensuring backup, RUNSTATS and REORG routines
- Health Checks, deviations, and analysis
- Handle DBA Change requests, through the Change Management process
- Participate in on-call duty
- Business compliance
- Checking & handling incidents
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents/problems
- Work on automation of incidents/problems
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Over 5 years of experience in DB2 System Programmer/Database Administration
- Knowledge of SMP/E and proven experience of mainframe software upgrades
- Knowledge of installing & tuning monitoring tools, eg. Omegamon
- Working knowledge of DB2 data sharing groups
- Providing support with various backup/recovery scenarios
- Practical experience in database tuning
- Candidate should be self-organized, eager to learn with a strong sense of analysis & troubleshooting skills person
- Experience in support and deployment with DB2 z/OS database
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Good verbal and written French communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Familiarity with RACF security products with ability to design optimal security solutions for subsystems and applications
- Experience with IBM, CA, BMC or Compuware toolsets for managing DB2on.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top