Lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are : As a Senior Developer - Mainframe you are responsible for all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in an IT solution. It spans the full information management life cycle from data acquisition, data cleansing, transformation, classify and storage to presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving. The key interests of the Data Analyst/ Architect role include databases (relational and multidimensional), taxonomies and business intelligence. Data Analyst must be capable of designing centralized or distributed systems that both address the user's requirements and perform efficiently and effectively.
What you'll do : As a Senior Developer you will be responsible for the development of functional, data and information based on a physical data design, along with functional design provided by an architect.
- You should be able to translate designs into an IT solution, including PL1, JCL, DB2 and OPC.
- Central to success is the focused delivery of code, unit test and ability to support defect management.
- Supervising all Mainframes (MVS)Development for the project modules.
- Performance tuning of all back-end jobs.
- Bringing in standard methodologies across all modules
- Data Modeling (The best partition based on the data distribution, and to optimize for front end application).
- Data Analytics
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience as a Lead carrying out a hands-on development role.
- You should have worked on maintenance environments involving z/OS, PL1, DB2;
- Extensive experience in developing batch jobs using JCL.
- Functional knowledge of REST APIs including z/OS Connect EE.
- Responsible for documenting design, changes to databases.
- Participate in daily scrums and work closely with leads and scrum master and product owners to provide status on timely basis.
- Prepare install scripts and code promotion procedure as well as build automation.
- Exposure to designing Physical Data Model, Logical Model and Modeling Techniques.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of Design Information System Architecture.
- Ability to pick up new areas and work.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top