Mainframe Application Developer (z/OS, DB2, QMF, PL1, C/C+, MQ Series)
The team is collocated in an agile open space and uses physical and virtual tools to collaborate and manage their work. The secret to success is our people and culture. We enjoy building quality products, crafting an amazing user experience, and having lots of fun in the process. This position is located in Raleigh, NC (Research Triangle Park) with other experienced IT analysts and developers. No remote opportunities exist.
No remote opportunities exist
Will consider relocation for candidates with the right skills/experience
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Who you are:
You will be part of a team supporting the IBM Finance Systems Americas Ledger applications. A key component of how we work is using Agile Practices and IBM Design Thinking to drive customer success, deliver holistic product experiences, and tackle new and exciting challenges related to Application and System development and integration. We're looking for enthusiastic individuals to become an application developer in the Americas Ledger Deployment team to help us provide quality application support for our Financial Ledger processes. In this role, you will learn how to build requirements into Agile stories, manage and perform test cases across a portfolio of several applications, and collaborate with key customers and stakeholders to provide IT services and solutions.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners
- Analyze customer or product owners needs and deliver solutions to meet those needs
- Provide ongoing steady state support and maintenance of Financial Systems applications
- Participate in design, development, review and test efforts for enhancements
- Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues
- Actively participate in the Agile development process.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Experience in the following: z/OS, DB2, SQL, JCL, QMF
- Strong analytical, good debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience in the following technical areas a plus: PL1, C/C++, TSO/ISPF, MQ Series, FTP, TSO/ISPF, SCLM, IMS
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years' experience in in systems support, application development and/or integration in Mainframe technology
- Experience in Development such as Mainframe, Cobol, VSAM, JCL
- DB2, Database experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top