Machine Learning Applied Researcher
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries and society. IBM Ireland Lab plays a key role in developing and supporting IBM's technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security and Cognitive computing. This cutting-edge technology is helping the world make things in new ways. Come and help change the world by joining IBM Ireland Lab at our 100 acre Technology Campus in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15.
The current opportunity is a fixed term contract with the Innovation Exchange who promote a fresh and energetic approach to innovation, creativity and solution architecture. An approach that is borne out by the high volume and standard of active projects within our team that have yielded several success stories to date. The principles of collaboration, knowledge sharing and leadership are promoted within our team and are the foundations that enable motivated individuals with diverse skills to function as part of a highly productive and innovative team.
A person with solid knowledge and relevant experience on Machine Learning is required. A candidate who has previously worked on machine learning, predictive modelling or statistical modeling would be necessary for this role. The successful candidate will
• Work with team members to share his/her knowledge, experience and ideas to deliver solutions from IBM side to the project. Proven ability to manage projects to strict deadlines. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of engineers.
• This person will be expected to publish novel algorithms at the top-tier ML conferences, such as KDD, ICML and ICDM. A high level of initiative and personal drive is required as this will be an environment where you will be joining the project at ground level and helping to lead the design and shape of technical solutions as well as implementing them.
• PhD holder with significant professional experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or a related field.
• 2-3 years of demonstrated Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics experience.
• Significant experience of incorporating ML & AI concepts into solution development.
• Machine Learning exposure and familiarity with R, Python, Weka, etc.
• Solid experience in Java, C++, or another object-oriented language.
• Excellent verbal and written communication is required with fluency in English as well as report writing and documentation skills.
• Familiarity with open source big data solutions, such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
• Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods.
• Experience with deep learning frameworks such as, Tensorflow, Caffee, of Keras will be a big plus.
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art through a strong publication record, e.g. ACL, NIPS, ICML, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top