IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Logistics Manager will oversee freight forwarding for all project commodities including feasibility of shipment consolidation, cost-effectiveness, and consistency to ensure on time delivery. Essential functions include: •Ensures coordination of the teams responsible for the logistics of health commodities, including but not limited to staff involved in third party logistics; freight, bill and payment; freight forwarding; logistics management information systems; subcontractor/partner management and procurement commodities through global commodity procurement and logistics. •Strengthen in-country supply chain systems through supply chain technical assistance. •Global collaboration to engage strategically to improve long term global supply of health commodities. Under Task Order 3 - PRH, GHSC-PSM is working on increasing the availability of health products in public and private services. •Improve the provision of health commodities through global commodity procurement and logistics. •Strengthen in-country supply chain systems through supply chain technical assistance. •Global collaboration to engage strategically to improve long term global supply of health commodities.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelors degree in supply chain management logistics or a related discipline
- 8+ years of freight forwarding and logistics management experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management
- 5+ years of experience managing 3PL's in a pharmaceutical supply chain internationally
- 5+ years of experience managing distribution centers in the Europe, Middle East, and or South Aprica
- 5+ uears of experience managing distribution center operations, inventory management, and fulfillment operations in a global environment
- 5+ years of experience with Federal Acquisition Rules and Regulations.
- 5+ years of experience working with Advanced Planning, WMS, ERP, LMIS systems.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing complex teams.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working with pharmaceutical suppliers
- • Ability to travel 10% internationally
- • French language fluency desired
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top