Linux System Administrator for Cloud Solutions (SME)
An exciting opportunity to work for a Cloud Services Offering with challenging projects utilizing the latest technologies.
You will apply your expertise to provide system administration and technical services for a global Cloud-based infrastructure, supporting and managing diverse platforms in an enterprise environment.
You must have hands-on experience in the management, configuration and deployment of Middleware applications & OS (Unix/Linux/RHEL/WAS/DB2) and server builds to provide a robust, scalable platform for future growth in a multi-tenant environment.
Proven experience in:
- Administration and management of VMs, DB management. Monitoring, provisioning.
- Implementing Server Migrations and Server Builds.
- Cloud solution implementation based on IBM, VMware and Open source technologies and tools.
- Install / Upgrade of Virtual platform environment.
- Troubleshooting server based problems with a focus on root cause analysis.
- Compliance & IT Security activities to remediate outstanding issues/fixes .
- House Keeping tasks utilizing tools & scripts.
- Change & Problem Management methodologies & tools.
- At least 3+ years system administration experience in AIX/UNIX/RHEL/Win
- Strong experience in the management of Middleware platforms - WAS, DB2
- Hand-on experience in Server Builds and Migration projects
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- English language skills
- 5+ years system administration experience or relevant
- Languages: Java, SQL, PHP, Python, Perl, shell scripting (bash, korn)
- Operating systems: VMWare ESXi, SUSE, HP-UX, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora
- Database servers: MS SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge about Microsoft Server OS and SQL DB would be an advantage
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer camps for children
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As in Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
As in Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top