Linux Open Source Database Developer
The IBM Toronto Lab, located in Markham Ontario, is one of the biggest R&D facilities in Canada. LinuxONE is IBM's enterprise grade server build on IBM Z architecture; the backbone of the financial, retail, travel and insurance industries. IBM has been a leader in open-source since the late 1990's by participating in hundreds of open-source projects and communities as well as setting the tone for open-source adoption in the enterprise.
The Linux on Z ecosystem team works closely with the open-source community to enable many open-source technologies on LinuxONE. Focus areas include modern programming languages, DevOps tools, databases, blockchain, analytics, AI and cloud infrastructure.
The team is currently looking to hire a Senior Developer to help us advance open-source database technologies on the platform. In this role, you will be responsible to port open-source code, upstream patches as well as performance tune a wide range of database technologies including relational, NoSQL and NewSQL.
In addition, you will work closely with the open-source community and vendors to advance database technology and showcase the advantage of using open-source on LinuxONE to clients and other stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- at least 5-year experience developing in 3G programming languages (C/C++/JAVA)
- at least 3-year experience with databases (developing, optimizing, scaling)
- working knowledge of Linux
- working knowledge of computer architecture (x86, System Z or POWER instruction set)
- proven problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing technical solutions for clients
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and with clients
- Aptitude to learn and apply knowledge quickly
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Systems Z software and hardware background/experience
- Experience in Open Source community development processes and tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top