Learning Technologist/ Strategist
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Learning Technologist or Strategist is engaged in the planning and implementation of learning technology initiatives including the development and delivery of applications and systems training for end users. This position consults, plans, coordinates, develops and delivers instructional programs and seminars and supports special initiatives for the IBM customer base.
- Regularly consult with colleagues and clients to understand available technology infrastructure (software and hardware) and make creative suggestions for deploying training solutions on same.
- Appraise capabilities, strengths and weaknesses of e-learning technologies and tools (existing and new)
- Supports systems and procedures for learning technologies.
- Research and review industry data to keep current on strategies and trends in learning technology.
- Design strategies and implement initiatives in areas of learning for large organizations
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to pass the NACI Investigation.
- Experienced with web-based courseware and / or learning management systems.
- Experienced with multiple learning methodologies.
- Experienced with various operating systems, file structures, file formats, and protocols.
- Knowledge of current instructional theories for collaborative learning and web-based tools.
- Experienced with sound project management methodology and skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting technical and functional LMS issues.
- 3+ years of experience creating content using instructional design methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience creating and troubleshooting technical and functional web based training issues.
- 2+ years of experience Designing Organizational Learning Strategies.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top