Learning Experience Designer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Client Innovation Center Baton Rouge is hiring a Learning Experience Designer. This role is r esponsible for designing the education content to meet the business requirements while adhering to standards and guidelines. In addition this position will:
- Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and other team members as appropriate
- Understand and utilize the tools and technologies being used
- Understand and apply the design (copy-edit and branding) standards
- Work with the SMEs to understand the requirements
- Work with IM to keep on track with the project plan and timeline
- Work with Visual Designers to understand the branding requirements and identify graphics
- Work with UI Developers to understand the programming, tracking, and other requirements
- Coordinate with QA team members to test the product
- Collaborate with Project team to execute the learning program
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
No sponsorship opportunities exist for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience working on projects in instructional design or courseware development for web and/or mobile applications.
- At least 2 years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Should have a good understanding of Agile methodology
- Should have a good understanding of Responsive Design principles
- Should have a good understanding of Instructional Application design
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top