Lead Data Scientist / Consultant (m/f)
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization and leading digital reinvention partner for clients across all industries. Through our Artificial Intelligence consulting practice, we cover the complete process chain from strategy consulting through to the design, implementation and operation of innovative, intelligent solutions - with a mission to re-imagine what our clients can achieve with Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
As Lead Data Scientist in our Artificial Intelligence Practice for the DACH market, you will take a senior technical position within an interdisciplinary, highly motivated and growing team of Industry Consultants, Data Scientists, Cognitive Computing Experts and Solution Architects.
- You will be responsible for providing technical and methodological direction for complex Data Science projects. This includes the definition and analysis of client use cases, the design of statistical models and algorithms to deliver high-value insights, the rigorous quantitative evaluation, and the effective communication of results.
- You will be responsible for providing ongoing thought leadership around emerging technologies and concepts in the field of Data Science as well as for attracting and guiding Data Science talents in the practice.
- You will be responsible for transferring innovations from IBM Research and other IBM business units into consulting engagements as well as for driving the development of reusable assets.
- You will be routinely responsible for shaping new consulting engagements from initial opportunity assessment through to sales and delivery.
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Extensive development opportunities in a leading technology company on technical and/or executive career paths.
- Dynamic, innovative and international environment fueled by a multitude of projects with leading enterprise clients.
- Access to cutting-edge innovations and to a global network of accomplished technical leaders - backed by IBM Research, the largest private sector research organization worldwide.
- Master or PhD degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics).
- Multiple years of professional experience as Data Scientist in consulting or analyst roles. Proven ability to understand complex processes and business problems in different industries. Successful track record of bringing Data Science use cases into production.
- Deep understanding of theory and application of state-of-the-art Machine Learning methods including recent developments in the field of Deep Learning, Visual Recognition, and NLP.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in conducting analyses on structured and unstructured data using leading tools and frameworks (e.g. Python, R, Scala, IBM SPSS, SAS).
- Strong understanding of modern data management technologies and concepts (e.g. Relational Databases / SQL, NoSQL, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka) and experience with microservice architectures.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen and experience in building client relationships. A feeling for data visualization and the ability to present complex insights to senior business stakeholders in a compelling way.
- Demonstrated history of achievement and leadership
- Experience in building and leading teams.
This is an environment where passion, eminence and people skills are extremely important: we're looking for colleagues who will build relationships, drive business outcomes, and scale team capabilities. Do this and you'll have access to a range of opportunities like nowhere else.
All candidates must be fluent in English and German.
How to apply:
Your application documents should include an informative CV as well as your certificates. Please also add a cover letter that explains your motivation for applying for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or related fields
- >5 years of relevant professional experience
- >1 years of experience in team leadership
- >3 years of experience in applying Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- >3 years of experience in Data Science tools and frameworks (e.g. Python, R, Scala, IBM SPSS, SAS,)
- >1 years of experience in applying Deep Learning (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, Keras)
- Strong understanding of modern data management technologies and concepts (e.g. Relational Databases / SQL, NoSQL, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka) and experience with microservice architectures
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated history of achievement and leadership
- English: Fluent
- German: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields
- >3 years of experience in team leadership
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top