Lead Cloud Modernization Subject Expert
- Atlanta, GA
As a Lead Cloud Modernization Subject Expert you will work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Lead Subject Matter Expert will combine data, analytics, and application architect skills with strong business acumen to solve business problems by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to understand opportunities for technology adoption within the client's application portfolio and provides recommendations to optimize business results.
- Work with business leaders to solve business problems through the adoption of technology, building an IT Modernization Roadmap to the future
- Develop solutions by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to understand opportunities for technology adoption within the client's application portfolio and provides recommendations to optimize business results
- Utilize consulting assets to collect application portfolio data and create insights to define transformation paths for their application portfolio. The methods used will continuously update the data on the application portfolio as well as the client priorities and strategies used in the modeling used to create the IT Modernization Roadmap.
- Analyze and assess existing client application portfolios; shape and deliver appropriate modernization pattern-based solutions including the creation of client modernization roadmaps
- Modernize enterprise business applications to use Containers, Container Orchestration Platforms, Micro-Services, and DevOps
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio analysis and discovery using tools to drive the needed analysis
- Proven track record in developing and advising clients on Application Modernization roadmaps
- Experience in evaluating application portfolios using data and analytics
- Experience in delivering Application Modernization using Public Cloud Technologies; DevOps, Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment, Containerization and Container Management, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Enterprise and Cloud Foundry
- Experience with digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management etc)
- Experience in database migration and modernization; Data Transformation
- Experience supporting sales and presenting in client orals
- Located in either the Dallas, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta or SF Bay area
- Certification in a Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, RedHat, OpenShift
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top