Lab Manager and CICD Engineer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to help develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Gen2 Cloud Network Engineering organization is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients. We are looking for a Lab Manager and CICD engineer to join our team, who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
- Oversee the daily coordination and functioning of a computer lab.
- Maintain the working order of lab equipment and supplies, which may include troubleshooting both hardware and software and making appropriate recommendations regarding repair or procurement.
- Interface with other organizations as needed for procurement, racking, and physical cabling.
- Makes decisions regarding technical and physical changes to the lab.
- Writes and maintains lab documentation (such as lab descriptions, diagrams, and processes).
- Provide and coordinate network connectivity and interfaces to servers and a variety network appliances
- Manage user access to lab systems including lab accounts for testing or demonstrations
- Follow documented standard operating procedures/best practices for the proper installation of software, hardware, and network setup and configurations
- Use ansible or other devops tools to maintain lab configurations under source control
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years experience with data center lab management
5+ years experience with at least one of Arista, Cisco, Juniper, F5 or A10 gear
2+ years experience with optical networking equipment
2+ years experience with network engineering
- If not located in Dallas, TX, must be willing to relocate
- Must be a US Citizen
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
5+ years experience in all of the above
DevOps experience working with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
Experience with Data Center layout planning
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top