L2 Support Engineer
The technical support professional is responsible for providing remote Level 2 technical support of IBM software solutions. In this role, you will apply Problem Determination/Problem Source Identification (PD/PSI) techniques in diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems for our clients/services teams. You will be collaborate with other worldwide support/development teams and organizations to ensure timely, accurate and seamless solution.
As such, preferred candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment and build relationships across different teams.
The candidate must be a proven self-starter who enjoys working in a driven environment.
Aside from Problem Management Record (PMR) resolution work, candidate will also participate in the organization proactive support initiatives such as Q&A technical forums - dWAnswers, Knowledge Management Methodology (KMM), author and publish technotes (DCF), submit product improvement via serviceability requests, etc.
Soft skills - drive positive client experience by practising support best practices, success skill to meet Business Unit NPS target
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep technical aptitude and ability to communicate effectively with both technical customer as well as business oriented customers .
- Ability to diagnose complex technical problems.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator in one-on-one or group presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Proven experience in ITSM related products
- TCP/IP & Networking fundamentals
- Advanced level knowledge of main Operating Systems (Windows, Linux etc)
- Basic familiarity with VMware and virtualization.
- Good knowledge in Database technologies (Oracle preferred), including SQL.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl).
- Knowledge of Java and Java Enterprise Servers such as Websphere.
- Knowledge of network management products and markets.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Over achievement attitude.
- 5 years in a technical support role
- Team Player
- Use of initiative
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Demonstration of time and deadline management
- 2 non local languages
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top